Motor Spirit Tax
As per the Provisions of this Act, every dealer shall pay to the Government a tax on the sale of Motor Spirit and Diesel oil at such rate as may be specified by the Government by notification in the Government Gazette; Provided that tax shall be chargeable on the first sale after import of motor spirit and diesel oil into the State.
Provided further that the first sale in respect of the dealers registered under the name of the following:
1. M/s Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
2. M/s Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
3. M/s Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
4. M/s Indo Burma Petroleum Co. Ltd.
5. Predict the effect of Policy Change
The above, who sell Motor Spirit and Diesel Oil shall be the sale by these dealers to a dealer other than the aforesaid dealers inter se for the first time within the State. Every dealer liable to pay tax under section 3 shall also be liable to pay a cess on the volume of Motor Spirit and Diesel Oil sold within the State.
Areas / Modules to be computerized for Motor Spirit Tax (MST). NIC J&K UT Centre, Jammu will design, develop and implement the various software modules under MST Act of J&K UT Government as mentioned below:
3. Recovery of tax and all other matters including liability to pay interest
4. SW for the Grant of license, its renewal annually, suspension/cancellation
5. Dash Board for Petrol Taxation Officer
6. E-Challan (Form P5) for payment of money to the government under head 0040 Sales Tax
7. Monthly MST Return (Form P4 and P4A)
8. Form ST-13